- You can see the swimming hole from the veranda. It’s a short 30 second walk. Other properties with swimming holes, you have to walk 10 or 20 minutes for a swim.
- Swimming at Daintree Secrets safe from crocodiles. We are situated too high for crocodiles (about 150 metres above sea level), and the water is too cold for them.
- We share our swimming hole with jungle perch, fresh water yabbies and if you’re lucky – a tortoise or 3 !
- Because we are set in a valley with a running stream, temperatures are at least 5 degrees cooler than in Cairns.
- The house sleeps 7.
- The large veranda has 270 degree views of the rainforest, stream and waterfalls.
- The sound of the waterfalls will lull you to sleep.
- We are situated at the end of a cul-de-sac, in our own private valley, so there is no traffic or dust.
- We have a variety of viewing platforms for your enjoyment. Places to sit and look at the view. Many are shaded, but some are perfect for sun worshippers and there are a couple of fabulous spots for early morning yoga.
- We have a large cleared grassy area behind the car-park, perfect for stargazing at night. This is an astronomers delight as there are absolutely no nearby lights. Also popular for games of cricket.
- Centrally located in Daintree/ Cape Tribulation area. All local attractions, cafes and restaurants are within 2 – 20 minute’s drive.
- No management on site. You have total privacy.
- You have a full sized and fully stocked kitchen so you can cook up a storm. We also provide pantry basics for you. You can easily cater for a large group.
- State of the art knives and cooking equipment.
- Full sized fridge freezer. Enough room for food for 7 people for a week.
- We supply an 80litre esky for drinks for larger groups.
- A weber barbeque with all the extra’s is set up on the veranda for alfresco cooking.
- The choice of indoor or outdoor dining areas.
- A large daybed inside for those afternoon naps.
- All linen is supplied, including beach towels to be used around the pool.
- We turn over our linen yearly for your enjoyment.
- Stays of more than 5 days are eligible for a mid-stay clean and linen change.
- We have 2 x luxurious king-size beds from the Westin Hotel group for a perfect night’s sleep.
- Loads of DVD’s and games supplied to keep you entertained if you get bored with nature!
- An eclectic collection of books for your enjoyment.
- Luxury double outdoor bean bags for lazing around the swimming pool.
- Non-break drinkware and plates supplied for poolside.
- Pool toys supplied for the kids and those who are not strong swimmers.
- Yoga mats supplied for the yogis and “wanna be “ yogis.
- No internet or mobile phone connection so you can truly relax and have a holiday. If you’re after a Digital Detox, this is the perfect place for your next holiday!
- Easy parking on the flat, right beside the house.
- We have tried to think of everything that you may need or want during your stay!
I am happy to answer any queries that you may have at any time. Feel free to email me email@example.com
or call me on 0409792922.